I believe that if an author says that their book is a true story, than I believe that the story should have indeed actually happened. However, I do understand that a majority of the time the whole reason for writing a book is so many of them get sold, and sometimes a story may need some tweaking in order for it to sound more interesting. But, if the tweaking changes the story entirely, then I think that crosses the line from non-fiction to fiction.
With the videos that are being posted about people getting refunds for “Million Little Pieces”, I think that these people are being highly overdramatic. Yes, some of the things Frey said weren’t 100% accurate of how they happened, but with those stories they only make up about 5% of his book, meaning that the other 95% is true. I feel that people need to calm down and stop acting like this 5% is a “back-stabbing” because in all reality it is still a true story of his life. However, in the case of Mortenson who bent the truth about his story and raising funds that supposedly go to helping build schools across seas, I think that is much more wrong. Especially the fact that when 60 Minutes approached him, he not only didn’t talk to them but he ran away as well.

Kitty don't like lying :(
No comments:
Post a Comment